Note: Please Review carefully the CRA’s explanation of the following 2 subsidy offers. On the CEWS 75% offer you must study the web document provided below by CRA.
Also make sure you download the CRA CEWS calculation spreadsheet provided (Note: there is a separate tab selection for weekly and bi-weekly) . – Select employees to exclude from report (Employee screen) – Add Employee ‘Arm’s Length’ status (Employee screen) – Add total eligible employees Count, total eligible remuneration Employer Paid Contributions Refund Employers can claim refund for the employer-paid part of contributions made on behalf of eligible employees who are furloughed (on leave with full or partial pay ) for any full week in the claim period. These employer-paid contributions include:
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- the Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- the Quebec Pension Plan (QPP), and
- the Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP)
(CEWS) 75% Emergency Wage Subsidy This is a subsidy of 75% of employee wages for up to 12 weeks from March 15 to August 29, 2020. This program is available to eligible employers that have seen a revenue reduction of at lease 15 percent in March and a 30 percent reduction for the remaining months.
Please visit the following link to get more information about:
- Who is an eligible employer
- Determine your eligible employees
- Calculate your subsidy amount * Please download the latest calculation spreadsheet as you will need this in conjunction with the WinTax report information which you will enter into the spreadsheet to calculate the subsidy amounts that will be awarded to you.
- How to apply
- After you apply
- Contact the CRA