Code 58: Employment income – May 10 to July 4
Code 59: Employment income – July 5 to August 29
Code 60: Employment income – August 30 to September 26
Please review carefully the CRA’s explanation of the following 2 subsidy offers.
On the CEWS 75% offer, you must study the web document provided below by CRA.
Also, make sure you download the CRA CEWS calculation spreadsheet provided
(Note: there is a separate tab selection for weekly and bi-weekly) .
– Select employees to exclude from the report (Employee screen)
– Add Employee ‘Arm’s Length’ status (Employee screen)
– Add total eligible employees Count, total eligible remuneration
Employer Paid Contributions Refund
Employers can claim a refund for the employer-paid part of contributions made on behalf of eligible employees who are furloughed (on leave with full or partial pay ) for any full week in the claim period.
These employer-paid contributions include:
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- the Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- the Quebec Pension Plan (QPP), and
- the Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP)
(CEWS) 75% Emergency Wage Subsidy
This is a subsidy of 75% of employee wages for up to 12 weeks from March 15 to August 29, 2020. This program is available to eligible employers that have seen a revenue reduction of at least 15 percent in March and a 30 percent reduction for the remaining months.
August 30, 2020
September 26, 2020
September 27, 2020
October 24, 2020
October 25, 2020
November 21, 2020
November 22, 2020
December 19, 2020
- Who is an eligible employer
- Determine your eligible employees
- Calculate your subsidy amount
* Please download the latest calculation spreadsheet as you will need this in conjunction with the WinTax report information which you will enter into the spreadsheet to calculate the subsidy amounts that will be awarded to you.
- How to apply
- After you apply
- Contact the CRA
(10%) Temporary Wage Subsidy
This is a temporary three-month subsidy program that will allow eligible employers to reduce the amount of payroll taxes submitted to the CRA.
This subsidy is 10% of the remuneration you pay between March 18, 2020 to June 19, 2020 up to $1,375 per eligible employee and to a maximum of $25,000 per company.
NOTE: The 10% Wage Subsidy will need to be subtracted from your CEWS submission.